Sunday 5 May 2013

Week 4 in the rear view mirror


The reason for the photo of my Organisational Leadership folder is because we dived deep into motivation theory this week as well as its application in  leadership. Motivation is now the name of the game in the coursework too as the loaad is coming thick and fast. Assessments for Economics and Stats were thrown at us this week and with more due next week. Motivation and discipline needs to remain high!

In terms of the other things covered this week. Stats we started to get into normal distributions, properties and applications, however the quiz worth 20% was the main attraction this week. Finance we got into valuation of stocks and bonds which built on our time value of money assumptions we have developed in the first three weeks. Economics was all about multi criteria decision making and conjoint analysis and the associated software. Our project is all about this and I have picked a topic and now I need to go off and do it.

One of the things I picked up this week which has been a real winner. Unlike most stats courses (I didn't realise this) ours is taught using Microsoft Excel unlike many who use SPSS or the like. This has been a real winner for me as I can take this knowledge back into my work. I challenge you to find a company who uses SPSS!

No comments:

Post a Comment