Sunday 7 April 2013

Arrived at last!

Dunedin is a beautiful place. This pic is from the Otago MBA website (OtagoMBA.com) and the more I look around the more I love it!

I flew in last Tuesday night from Dubai to start my O'Week and started my orientation week for Otago MBA 37. Although I was little jetlagged, I could already begin to see this was going to be the beginning of an amazing journey. My classmates - ( there are around 20 of us)  are smart, interesting, diverse and have a good sense of humor.As the first Australian to undertake this MBA (allegedly), I feel quite priveledged to be in such good company. Countries represented include Finland, China, India, Sri Lanka, New Zealand (of course) and even a couple of POMs!

O'Week was kicked off with a traditional Maori welcome, something I have not expreienced before. Key features of the week included
  • getting to know my classmates
  • a couple of personal development workshops - we have our own personal development coach!
  • getting a detailed overview of the course and the expectations - we are going to be busy
  • case study analysis workshop - a look at Zara - very interesting
  • mentor BBQ - each student gets a mentor - a bit of guidence from a previous MBA graduate
  • kick off for our Organisation Leadership paper plus;
  • a bunch of house keeping
 It all starts Monday 8 April in ernest but I have the weekend off to get myself mentally prepared. Time to pick up the rental car and explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment