Sunday 7 April 2013

At the bottom of my road!


One of the my secret reasons to study in Dunedin (not really) was because of this - the surf! Saturday morning I was greeted with this at the bottom of my road. After a good surf, I headed out in my rental car I managed to get out and explore the coastline. Dunedin has some beautiful beaches! Otago Peninsula is a pretty special place. On Saturday afternoon, I hooked up with another guy in the course and a few of his mates and surfed Aramoana Spit - we got it small but it is famous for some bone crunching barrels on its day.

A few beers capped off a great Saturday at the Carey's Bay Hotel - I will be back.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ryf. What a great idea, I look forward to reading about your experiences and comparing it to my own from last year.
    Best, Nick, MBA #36

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nick - should be a great year!

    ReplyDelete